Be the Relief! Global Giving Brings Christian Aid
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is helping college students make a global impact … from Marquette’s campus.
Students may not have the financial means to donate money to support a cause – but they are a part of a compassionate and do-good generation that strives to help people struggling with poverty, disease and hunger, and to make a difference in the world.
Together with Marquette’s Center for Peacemaking, we’re spreading the word to increase awareness of Catholic Relief Services (CRS).
Students have received Be the Relief T-shirts. Anytime they’re wearing their shirt to increase awareness of CRS, they earn the chance to WIN CASH.
CRS puts Christ’s words into practice, reaching 100 million people in nearly 100 countries.
- In Malawi, CRS is helping farmers grow and sell chilies. Some household incomes have risen 300%.
- In Burkina Faso, 38,000 students attend school in classrooms CRS helped to build.
- In Africa, where 97% of the world’s malaria occurs, CRS has distributed direct relief in the form of 3 million insecticide-treated mosquito nets.
- CRS asks local leaders what their communities need, then educates and trains them to solve their own problems.
- CRS works with other worldwide relief organizations to multiply the impact of their efforts.
Click here for more information about how Marquette students are working to Be the Relief.